Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Alright Sis... I really hate these things, but here goes!

For this one, the rules are simple - list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap Award.
So here goes...
10 Honest Things about Me...

1) I have given up computer dating! No more going from site to site looking at profile pictures reading information about guys that may or may not be true, and then starting conversations. Many things happen when I do this (in my recent experience)... I get too aggressive and scare the guy away or I like him a great deal and become a shy (yet still confident) person and don't give him enough signals.... OR the whole, very uncomfortable first meeting when he tells me he feels like he's "at home" with me and he doesn't want to leave my side (don't laugh, it's happened)!

2) I have sort of given up regular dating too... it's so HARD... and I just don't care to make time... is that wrong? I know this is not how it works anymore, but I think I'm either going to have to be hit on the head with a 2X4 when/if someone is interested in me or continue to be happy alone.

3) I now have a rather large piece of fitness equipment taking up space in my too small apartment staring at me as I study and it is rather annoying. I got on it last night and was thankful I was the only one around to see how klutzy and idiotic I look on the thing. My big fear, I'm going to start talking to it and make it my new best friend instead of using it to get in better shape!

4) I believe everyone close to me knows how to read my mind and I am constantly surprised when they act as if they don't have a clue as to what is going on in my world! (I heard something similar to this somewhere, and identified so much I included it here).

5) I am going to do a lot of hiking this spring and summer, it's good for the soul and I really do miss nature.

6) I have two gorgeous sisters, a loving mom and dad, and a fantastic nephew!!

7) I will finish reading "The Tender Bar" before February comes to an end... I started before Christmas and I have NEVER taken this long to read a book I enjoy.

8) I'm converting my office into a spare room in the hopes that my little sis will come and be my roomie soon (or at least a house guest)!

9) I have discovered a love of blogging, I did not realize that getting all the crazy words out of my head kept me sane, but it does and blogging is a great outlet for it.

10) I don't have 7 people to tag to make this list!


The ones I do have to tag:

Heather (yeah I know you already did it, but few on this list)

Mom

Dad

Michele

Blake

Anyone else who reads this and wants to send me their list!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!! Thanks She!

    You don't like these things because it forces you to be honest with yourself. But, I must say, these things are very therapeutic!

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete