Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Problem with HD TV

I've succumbed to the pseudo need to have a large tv with the most incredible and detailed picture known to man (to date). The details are such that I can see the imperfections of celebrities on the big screen despite their amazing make up jobs. So, I have this TV that DEMANDS to be watched, thus my DVR has been engaged like never before and I have discovered the history channel in HD. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd, and?

The problem with HDTV is not that it demands to be watched, but that I have now challenged myself to watch shows of substance, so that I am not completely rotting my brain. The History channel has a series that I find fascinating... The Nostradamus Effect which details the end of the world in various apocalyptic methods. So far I have learned what rouge scholars theories are of the book of revelation, including Isaac Newton, and how history supports these theories and how it could be possible. This information is a bit disconcerting in that they don't really present the weakness of the theories, so most nights it takes me a bit of time to fall asleep as these shows are on late at night, and I am a gullible gal(smart gullible, but gullible none-the-less)and they are all talking about how we are in the midst of the end of times, like right now!!

I guess this is where my faith of old comes into play. Is it possible that TV is really bringing back my faith foundation, mmmmm, interesting question isn't it? I have increasingly been growing my spiritual foundation, but it has evolved and changed and I truly don't know if I'm wrong. The church of my youth would probably say I am, but my heart and spirit are quite content with the progression.

I had a clear path down which I was headed when I started this philosophical diatribe, but alas I have lost my way and now must realize I'm merely working out a my thoughts in this big world of which I have a tiny existence. I wonder... if there is an afterlife... will HDTV be available or will the distraction of such things become needless? Ah, my active mind must now rest... shhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment