
As I've noted in the recent past, I've been on this workout kick, so, though I haven't really lost pounds per se, I've lost lots of inches, and have been enjoying getting my blood pumping in new ways. I really have found solace in using the elliptical, who knew? Well, Monday, I noticed a slight soreness in my gluteial region... obviously nothing to worry about because muscle soreness = good workout, right? Wrong. Tuesday, I had a hard time putting my pants on... and when I say hard I mean pain shooting from my ass all the way down my leg and to the tips of my toesies. Gave new meaning to putting my pants on one leg at a time because I had to sit down on my bed to and rotate in very interesting ways to get them on one leg at a time.
Well, being the responsible adult I am, I took two days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) of my workout schedule and did my best to relax. Today (Thursday) it all felt better, so off to the gym I went. For 45 minutes I was in the ZONE... I was working that elliptical and I was keeping my 10 minute mile time and was quite proud of myself. I made it out of the gym without incident including showering and getting ready for my regular Thursday night activities. And this is where it all went South.
I was setting the room up, moving chairs into place and beginning the assembly and placement of folding tables (really not hard and something I do ALL the time). When putting the third table up on its feet I got a new sensation from my ass down my leg and to the tips of my toesies. This feeling put the little pang from Tuesday to shame... I not only almost fell, with intent to writhe and make all present aware of the extent of my horrific pain, but I was rendered speechless and a tear squeezed out of my duct. This type of pain, though letting me know I am indeed alive and I do have pain sensors in places I didn't even realize existed, was like nothing I remember feeling. After that I spent the next four hours trying to figure out how to avoid using any muscle that may aggravate this, what I'm told is the sciatic nerve, new found feeling. The two most comfortable positions I have found are laying on my back and standing with my back slightly angled from the hips and my palms face down on a table that stands at least 4' high. Neither of these positions is very practical for my daily life, but we'll see what happens at work tomorrow... OH JOY!
Why did I tell you all of this??? Because someone needs to have this ammunition to have some fun at my expense... duh!
No comments:
Post a Comment