Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What is a Cougar??


At my Awards show this weekend I was told that I was referred to as a cougar. I thought a cougar was a woman who dated younger men? I mean, I'm not innocent in that I have dated men significantly younger than myself, I have also dated men significantly older, but at the moment I'm not dating anyone.

Here's what I think I know... Demi Moore and Mariah Carey would be considered "cougars" as they have married younger men, and any woman 35 and older dating someone under the age of 25 would be a cougar. Is that about it?

I don't really understand why this needs to be labeled anyway... I mean really can't a woman just go out every now and again with a handsome man, sans the age, sans the title, and just have fun?

I guess it could be worse... I could've been called an old maid! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they were referring to your HS Alma Mater! Let's Go Cougars, Let's Go! Sorry. That was uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Michele's response. Go Cougars!

    ReplyDelete