Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Art of Networking.

I have an obsessive disorder I think. Currently, the obsession is networking web sites. I was content flipping through the pages and pages of faces located on MySpace, and then I was lured by friends who told tales of greater networking possiblities on facebook. So, off I went to this little site to see what all the fuss was about. Truly it is a site to behold. So many friends I have missed for so long just hanging out, sharing their lives and their memories for all their friends, and for some, all the world to see. People I went to high school with, people I went to church with, people I went to college with... AMAZING!

I remember when using the internet was a tool for a research paper and that is all... Google hadn't been thought about yet and rummaging around for articles and pictures and information was a laborious task that took FOREVER. Now I am popping on to a site, adding a little info about myself, and WHAMMY... there are names and faces popping up all over my web page of people all over the country with whom I have lost contact. People that have touched my life in one way or another there for me to simply write to and get updates from and I'm addicted.

I'm addicted to my friends past and present. I am thrilled to have found this little mecca facebook. Now my problem is balance, catching up is very time consuming. Perhaps I should start small, and work my way up!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! It's great! Facebook is so much different than Myspace! It's great (not that MySpace isn't, but it's so different). I'm so glad that you're finding your niche!!! Now I'm gonna have to check out your friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared of Facebook. I remember when I first started Myspace, I was so addicted. I have finally gotten over that addiction, but if I start Facebook I might just begin the cycle all over again! Oh what the heck!

    ReplyDelete