Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The long and the short of it...

So, in the last week I've posted two blogs about... well if you read them you know, and I'm done talking about all that. Honestly, all that drivel lit a fire under my ass. Don't get me wrong it was all honest drivel, and I only call it that cause it still hurts a little but it inspired me. You see, I was honest about my emotions, and I'm still alive. I didn't die or go insane and I don't think I hurt anyone, but if I did, I hope I'll be told so I can make that right ... at any rate...

I was going over all the random thoughts that happen inside my head everyday, and I thought, maybe instead of putting up my silly statuses on facebook, maybe I should expend some energy and write a little story here consistently. This may be a trifle ambitious, but I've been told several times by different friends that I should write. I kind of agree. I'm good at telling stories, so I guess I should start with mine. Once I dislodge all the fuzzy junk from my brain and set my imagination free again, I'll be able to compose some REAL stories for a change. I remember watching Almost Famous and, of course, the bonus features and Cameron Crowe discusses how no story is worth telling if there isn't a risk involved (that is paraphrased by the way). As hard as it is to face up and be brazenly honest about the life I've led, it's harder to keep it buried because it stifles who I am.

This journey is completely selfish and may even seem narcissistic to some, however, I'm doing it, join me for the ride, or not... the choice is yours. I'm not going to tell you how often I'll be posting because I am nearing the end of my school quarter which, for those of you who haven't been in school for awhile, means some final projects and general craziness... but perhaps I can commit to once a month... I mean how hard can it be...right?

4 comments:

  1. Writing is good for the soul. I look forward to your foray into your innermost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good... I need an editor LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no..not me. I'm just enjoying reading along! =)

    ReplyDelete