Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nothing New Under the Sun...


So, tonight my brain is spinning, and since I've already done a million and one (okay only two) blogs on insomnia I thought I'd go a different route. You see, when my brain is on a rampage such as happening tonight, there are a number of explanations... tonight the reason for my wide awakedness are a combination of a late workout, two cups of coffee too late at night, and my sisters Christmas cookies that had to be tested. So I'm reeling with energy!! In the midst of all the thinking I'm doing, I realized that during the holiday season my life is on the spin cycle.

As I grappled with this sudden epiphany I understood that there is no way I'm the first to compare my life with the spin cycle of a washing machine. This led me to the blog you are reading... how many cute ideas do I "come-up with" that are just a byproduct of my society whether it be from a cliche, movie, tv, or book. In my small 36 years on this planet I have been exposed to more information than I could possibly imagine or understand. With this in mind, I decided to go to a relatively new invention, Google, and find out how many references come up with life on the spin cycle.

In .29 seconds Google came up with 1,070,000 pages with these words. On the first page alone there were 6 headings that used the aforementioned cliche in a way I projected it, and a few of the other headings referred to spin class aerobics or fitness pages. I have decided that this will be my new way of putting myself to sleep... After all gone are the days of counting sheep... I will now test all of my clever and unique ideas by entering them on the Google web site to see just how uncommon they are. I get that this little game may sound completely depressing, but really, if we already know there is nothing new under the sun, isn't it kind of fun to see some of the influences that have contributed to the subliminally ingrained ideas in the psyche?

This new sleep game needs a title... anyone got an idea??

1 comment:

  1. I have totally thought that before! I'm up for your game... Have you googled it yet?

    ReplyDelete