I must start this rant of sorts with the statement, I am not much of a baseball fan. I never really have been. I do know the rules of the game, I know how the statistics work, I get the concept, I just don't see the point. So, that being said, I have enjoyed watching games from time to time. Does that totally contradict my earlier not a fan comment... nah.
Part of the fun of watching the games, for me, was the tight pants... yep, totally base, but true! So, I was absolutely horrified to discover that the baseball leagues of America have made some adjustments to the uniform. Never mind that a person such as myself, not being a fan of the game, but a total fan of the uniform, has to now watch these players run the bases in pants that are loose and airy but the players have seem to have gone soft around the middle as well. I find this an abomination. When did this change occur and what is it telling our children (well, your children anyway)about the sort of shape baseball players can be in to play the game?
Perhaps changing the uniform was to cover the added flab in the game, or someone somewhere found it obscene (I sure didn't), I must research this issue further. However, I will say that this new found development has got my attention, we shall see what happens with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment