Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Natural Adventures...

Wow, I had fallen off the blog world there for a second! Sorry to all my loyal fans (LMAO)! I've been undertaking some amazing adventures lately and honestly haven't missed my technological leash one single bit. Here is a picture of one of the places I have had the pleasure of seeing first hand!



I promised myself I would begin hiking again this spring and so far it's been quite tiring, tedious, and worth every inch of pain to see the stuff that can only be crafted so beautifully by the natural world. I am constantly driven to awe by the rocks that have been carved out over time or the waterfalls that cascade so gloriously down a mountain side. I feel more at home in scenery that demands to be enjoyed.



I'm quite sad that there is no one who wants to join me this coming weekend, as it seems they all have other things to do, alas, I may go it alone. I just can't seem to keep myself contained in the concrete world I live in. Maybe I'm running away again. This time it's a bit healthier than the past running I've done. I initially began this little piece of hiking bliss to teach myself to breathe again (and let's face it, my butt could use a little reshaping). After 10 years of smoking, I'm finally putting the crap down and really giving my lungs a break. I will tell you that scaling the walls of Vernal Falls reminds you why breathing normally is really important.

There is also a need to get away from the hustle and bustle of work, school, and other obligations and just get centered and stress free for a brief moment. These half-day excursions are therapeutic. If you don't believe me, just ask to join me sometime... be happy to have ya along ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment