I know a lot of people talk about these prescription drug advertisements out at the moment. I mean, anyone who watches regular tv (not dvr stuff cause you guys are fast forwarding the commercials) sees the incessant drug pushers throughout most shows you watch. So I was watching, sort of, tv tonight, and of course the commercials are super loud for some strange reason, and this ad for lyrica comes on. What I heard was "sometimes I can't get out of the house and don't feel like doing everyday things" or something like that. Anyway, that thought got me reeling. who hasn't felt like skipping everyday things?
Personally, some days I want to head for the hills and look at some nature without telling anyone. Do I, of course not, but doesn't mean I don't want to... I don't need a pill to help me get up and go to work. I know that is my responsibility, something I agreed to when I took the job and accepted the paychecks. I also don't need a pill to study and do my homework, I pay for that and know that if I expand my knowledge I become more valuable to my employers and I like knowing stuff. Finally, I don't need a pill to clean my house (well maybe I need one for that) but seriously, I enjoy knowing that the cup I drink my water out of is clean, and I am more comfortable when everything is in it's place. Since this is where I relax, I want it tidy.
Maybe this is a rambling rant of rubbish, but I am tired of being told I need a pill for everything that ails me. Isn't pain our body's way of telling us there is something wrong? I mean even emotional pain teaches us a lesson. Perhaps I'm just practical, but I really wish the narcotic pushers would get off the marketing tip. There are enough feel good drugs out there do we really need to add more to the mix?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Right On Sister! Once the pills begin, there is no stopping them. We need to learn to cope not hide.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly. I've done the pills, they don't make you happy, they make you numb! When you get off of them you STILL have to deal with the issues.
ReplyDeleteMake "life" your happy pill. It may not work all of the time (nothing ever does), but when it does, you'll appreciate it!